Singapore or Beijing
The Technical Director (TD) is a recognized and respected leader within MullenLowe Profero and across all clients within a portfolio. The TD is a person who understands the potential of new and established technologies, who is always looking for the best way to solve problems, and the right way to bring to life the creative ideas that wins Lowe Profero awards.
The TD combines a deep hands-on technical knowledge with the commercial acumen to know how to deliver projects with the minimum fuss and maximum client satisfaction. The quality of delivery is paramount, matching the creative vision to robust, secure and scalable technical solutions - when our ideas go viral, we need to be ready.
The TD acts as the bridge between the development team and the rest of the business - working with creative to refine ideas, with project management to scope deliverables, and of course with the development team (inc. external partners) to bring those ideas to life.
The TD will also be responsible for setting technical direction - defining best practices for development, deployment and operations, chasing down new technologies and presenting back to the business on where technology is heading. You may be talking to the development team about new node.js one day, and talking to the creative team about opportunities in interactive television the next.
The TD is a team leader and talent developer - both within the direct client team and across the agency. A person who consistently demonstrates the values and qualities of an authentic leader.
Skills & Requirements
Technical Leadership & Development
- Proven track record of delivering web projects
- Recent hands-on development experience (any popular web framework)
- Deep understanding of entire project lifecycle
- (Near-)Obsessive interest in new technologies, and what's hot on the web
- Engagement with the Open Source community (e.g. Github, meet-ups)
- Experience with social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Foursquare etc.)
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Experience with CMS products (both OSS and commercial)
- Experience in live website operations and support
- Experience mentoring technical team members (developers and / or sysadmin)
- Experience managing a development team
- Experience with offshore delivery a bonus
- Experience with mobile a bonus (native or web app - you will be helping decide)
Commercial Leadership & Development
- Experience within an Agency or Consulting firm
- Experience within at least one industry vertical (e.g. retail, financial services)
- Experience with commercial software product selection process
- Experience in responding to RFI, RFP documents
- Establish excellent relationships with technology partners (inc. selection criteria)
- Establish excellent relationships with senior clients, helping them to understand the value of technology in a digital landscape.
- Work with teams across agency to broaden the understanding of technology
- Manage and mentor internal development team
- Build out internal team (define skills profiles)
- Bring new ideas to the party
- Provide clear role and responsibility definitions for each member of your team, having delegated tasks appropriately
- Develop and manage the skills and knowledge of your team through mentoring, supervision and providing continual feedback on performance, managing under- and over-performance appropriately
Professional Expectations (remain consistent but can be localised)
- Be on time for, and professional in everything you do, in meeting a client; delivering to timescales; actively participating, using the right tone; or protecting the Lowe Profero/IP and client's information
- Be an excellent communicator and presenter in all forms (in-person, email, over the phone)
- Complete Timesheets and Management Team status documentation in a timely manner
- Proactively contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture, and generally be a role model for the junior members of the team
- Please bring/submit CV