News Life Media
Vogue had slowly lost the mantle of #1 online fashion destination in Australia, and they were at a crossroads. Their website wasn't delivering results, and a new editorial vision was being ushered in by a new Editor-In-Chief.
Times had changed, and vogue.com.au was no longer living up to the brand's legacy. In classic Vogue style, it needed to be re-invented.
To start, we helped the the editorial team deliver on their ambition to be "One Vogue" across print, online and mobile platforms, by putting the spotlight back on their famous content.
We designed a new homepage and website that didn't just trade on the brand's authority, but showcased its currency and relevance. We developed an aggressive image-led editorial strategy to capture the imagination of users and advertisers. And we developed a fully responsive gallery for the best experience on any device.
And these are just the cosmetic changes.
We also integrated the hugely popular forums seamlessly throughout the site. We created new partnership and story opportunities with brands. And we worked with their program and sales managers, and developed a monetization and staffing program to support their business case.
Throughout the project we provided leadership in creative design, user experience, and project management. The result was greater user engagement from day one, and a drastic improvement in overall brand experience.
Awarded Best Magazine Website at the 2013 Australian Magazine Awards.
- After launch there was a instant 20% increase in the number of unique visitors to the site
- Page designs that hero the Vogue team's greatest asset: their content
- A design system that comes across as elegant and sophisticated, regardless of the volume and type of content
- A gorgeous new, responsive image gallery
- Support for photo-led story-generation, including runway, feature and even photoblog formats
- Sophisticated, efficient platforms for the development and promotion of branded content
- Launch of the hugely popular MissVogue sub-brand, to attract a younger audience
- Users staying an average of 15% longer per visit.
- Better integration with the hugely popular Vogue forums, allowing visitors to seed the forum with content they find valuable
- Better integration and cross-promotion between the website and the Vogue forum, including integrated commenting functionality
- An overhauled and simplified site structure that aligns the needs of both users and advertisers